Submit An Article
BanffBuzz.ca is a community blog that relies on contributions from residents, visitors, as well as organizations. We welcome article submissions to publish and share with visitors of this website.
We are currently looking for submissions such as news items, articles, stories, editorial/opinion pieces, attraction reviews, event announcements/reports, important bulletins, hiking reports, and press releases from attraction/activity operators.
Some good article ideas include:
- Vacation travel tips
- A report on your latest hike
- A fishing report
- A breaking news story
- Back country camping guide
- Your opinion on a town council decision
- A recount of a recent hike that you did including pictures
- An idea to make Banff National Park a better place
- An announcement for your organization’s upcoming event/fundraiser
- 5 fun things to do on rainy day in Lake Louise
- Your favourite special place in the park
- 3 easy hikes close to the Banff Town site
- An opposing view to an article you read on BanffBuzz.com
You can email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “article submission” in the subject line or if you are logged into the site there will be a submission form below you can use. Please attach any photos or images that you would like posted with the article. If we like what we see we will post it for everyone on BanffBuzz. When we publish your article we will probably link to it on our Facebook page as well. We may make small changes to your article as pertains to brevity, clarity, or formatting.
If you are interested in making regular contributions to the blog we can set you up with an author account so you can post directly onto the blog and edit how you would like without having to send an email every time or use the form below that is somewhat limited.
What we are not looking for are:
- Articles that have nothing to do with Banff National Park
- Articles that contain profanity, sexualy explicit material, hate speech, racist remarks, or that are slanderous in nature
- Articles that contain copyrighted material (images or text)
- Reviews of local businesses (attractions and activity operators excluded)
- Hotel, restaurant/bar, retail/service businesses announcements/advertising (unless it is for a charity event)
Have an account?
Log in or sign up! It’s fast & free!
Register for this site!
Sign up now for the good stuff.
Enter your username or email to reset your password.
When attaching images for your submission you have the option of using the upload an image function located at the bottom of the form or clicking on the Add Media button located at the top of the form and going through that process. Either way is equally fine. The upload an image function is certainly easier but with the Add Media button, you will be able to place and format your images exactly where you want within your post. If you have any problems making a submission please don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us at email@example.com. Remember you must be logged in to see the submission form on this page.